Horde3D

Next-Generation Graphics Engine
It is currently 29.03.2024, 08:53

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Would a "Spread Horde3D" campaign be a good idea?
Yes! It would attract more users and developers! 62%  62%  [ 8 ]
No! That is a horrible idea! 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Yes but it would be premature at this time. 38%  38%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 13
 Post subject: Horde3d Logo?
PostPosted: 16.06.2010, 03:19 

Hello Everyone! I'm a newcomer to Horde3D and am really excited to start the development of a Free and Open Source project utilizing it. I would really like to spread the word about Horde3D on my blog and elsewhere, so I was wondering if there was a Photoshop document or multi-layered TIFF or BMP of the logo available? It would preferably be high-resolution with a transparent background so it could be used in any application.

I plan to eventually use it prominently in an animated "technology used" sequence for my game and game engine. I'm sure I could remake the logo myself, but it wouldn't be exact, besides it would mean more if it came "officially" from the dev team.

It could also be a good idea to make a "Spread Horde3D" page on the web site including logos and banners and such!
This has proven successful with other open-source projects like Firefox and OpenDocument.

Post subject: Re: Horde3d Logo?
PostPosted: 16.06.2010, 09:11 

I've been talking with marciano about remodeling the hands for the logo and then using them in a intro movie, logos and an ambient occlusion sample, but because of lack of time I never got around doing it. I hope I can find some time in the summer.

Renders done with those could have the uses you've mentioned.

PostPosted: 16.06.2010, 10:26 
Tool Developer

I think the best campaign would be creating some really nice demo projects that show in a great way what can be done with Horde3D. Writing about it may create interest, but does not have the same effect.

PostPosted: 16.06.2010, 11:27 

Volker wrote:
I think the best campaign would be creating some really nice demo projects that show in a great way what can be done with Horde3D. Writing about it may create interest, but does not have the same effect.

Having more samples could also work with that.

PostPosted: 16.06.2010, 20:39 

Yeah I can see where you all are coming from. A combination of all three would be even better! What about open source sample projects that would serve as "game genre templates" (FPS, RPG, RTS etc)?

Any chance there is a hi-res logo?

PostPosted: 17.06.2010, 00:02 
Engine Developer

I think a dedicated campaign does not make much sense at that point, as a lot of things are currently in transition (API abstraction, removal of scene graph, GL ES support, etc.). An ambitious sample project would be more useful, as it can also help to reveal points that still need to be improved in Horde.

Regarding the logo, I don't have a high-res version but I think I could get one from the friend of mine who created the website.

PostPosted: 17.06.2010, 07:13 

marciano wrote:
Regarding the logo, I don't have a high-res version but I think I could get one from the friend of mine who created the website.

That would be awesome!!