Horde3D

Next-Generation Graphics Engine
It is currently 18.04.2024, 02:49

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Has development ceased?
PostPosted: 25.12.2010, 06:14 

The community seems to have died down quite a bit, and the Freenode channel has become pretty much a ghost town, with just myself, ryan_scott, DarkUranium, and mgottschlag ever online and active. So I ask, is Horde3D dead?

PostPosted: 25.12.2010, 18:47 

I don't think so. There have been recent code commits in the svn, and some of us still lurk here in the dark :P

PostPosted: 26.12.2010, 10:32 
Engine Developer

Regarding development, I'm currently fully focusing on professional work. Once the project is gold, there's still a few things that we want to get done for Horde ;)

PostPosted: 26.12.2010, 22:33 

That's a good thing to hear marciano. Thank you. So basically, current status is "On Hiatus".

You know, updating the Horde3D page for things beyond announcing full releases can go a long way to keeping an active community. Hell, even things such as announcing milestones reached in the SVN can provide a big source of confidence in other potential developers. :wink:

PostPosted: 17.01.2011, 12:21 

Orm wrote:
You know, updating the Horde3D page for things beyond announcing full releases can go a long way to keeping an active community. Hell, even things such as announcing milestones reached in the SVN can provide a big source of confidence in other potential developers. :wink:

This is true. I only found out about Horde3D by chance because hardly anyone knows about it.
Expand on the Demo images and link to development videos (e.g. zoombapup http://www.youtube.com/user/zoombapup ) so that more developers can be attracted.

PostPosted: 17.01.2011, 16:57 

Quote:
Expand on the Demo images and link to development videos (e.g. zoombapup http://www.youtube.com/user/zoombapup ) so that more developers can be attracted.

Until horde is not in beta stage it might be better to concentrate on finalizing the API for release and documentation and samples. I think...