Horde3D

Next-Generation Graphics Engine
It is currently 16.04.2024, 11:19

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Morph animation
PostPosted: 14.03.2011, 09:53 

Hi, can one make an animation with a changing morph target weight in a content tool such as MAX, export to collada, and play back the animation in Horde3D? (that is, do morph target weights go in .anim files?) Thanks in advance and huge congrats for the work.

Post subject: Re: Morph animation
PostPosted: 15.03.2011, 13:35 

Hi JesusLopez,

Morph targets converted using the collada converter should be stored into the .geo file as vertex transform/normal/tangent deltas to the base mesh and are manipulated with the h3dSetModelMorpher function. I assume you're referring to the weight channel on the intensity that you want to blend, unfortunately I don't think you can use this in a .anim file by default, however a possible 'idea' is to make another scene object full of joints and use that h3dSetModelMorpher function at the application-level and link the weight value to one of the bone's transform values and apply a custom .anim you've exported with the keyframed joint transforms to this invisible scene node + joint rig. I assume 3DSMAX is capable of connecting a morph target's weight to a joint somehow? (I'm a Maya user so I don't know the process).

Post subject: Re: Morph animation
PostPosted: 15.03.2011, 14:01 

Hi MistaED,

Thanks a lot, this clarifies things, an imaginative workaround also. Don't know of a MAX procedure but I heard of "joint controlled morphs" that seems related. Regards, JL.