Horde3D

Next-Generation Graphics Engine
It is currently 28.03.2024, 11:20

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: 27.05.2011, 18:51 

Does Horde3D allow for real time mesh manipulation? Can I add and modify triangles as and when I need? Would really appreciate any pointers on this regard.
Unni

PostPosted: 30.05.2011, 23:29 
Engine Developer

Yes, basically that is possible, although the dynamic geometry functionality is not tested much.

You can map/lock the streams of a geometry resource (h3dMapResStream) and change their data. You can also create mesh nodes and attach them to a model. In case you want to create geometry procedurally, there is a convenience function h3dutCreateGeometryRes in the utility layer.

PostPosted: 31.05.2011, 11:56 

marciano wrote:
Yes, basically that is possible, although the dynamic geometry functionality is not tested much.

You can map/lock the streams of a geometry resource (h3dMapResStream) and change their data. You can also create mesh nodes and attach them to a model. In case you want to create geometry procedurally, there is a convenience function h3dutCreateGeometryRes in the utility layer.

I see. Thanks for the heads up!
So I can theoretically create a mesh using h3dutCreateGeometryRes during initialization and then use h3dMapResStream to lock and change the mesh data. Will that work? And also, it says in the h3dMapResStream documentation that "A mapped stream should be unmapped again as soon as possible but always before subsequent API calls are made" By subsequent API calls do they mean Horde's inbuilt rendering calls or any other API calls that uses the mesh in the graphics loop?