Horde3D

Next-Generation Graphics Engine
It is currently 16.04.2024, 05:09

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: 01.11.2011, 03:08 

Hi,
I use CMake to build Horde3D on Ubuntu 11.10, and I use cmake-gui to configure it especially.
Before configure Horde3D with cmake-gui, there are some items need to be configured with red color: (the image :https://picasaweb.google.com/104425673873063065487/Horde3D#5669839750753676242
o CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE
o EXECUTABLE_OUTPUT_PATH
o LIBRARY_OUTPUT_PATH
Which values should I assign to them?
Thanks!

PostPosted: 01.11.2011, 07:04 
Tool Developer

Why are you trying to configure anything? There are CMakeFiles shipping with Horde, that should run out of the box. See also the wiki pages (Building under Linux).

PostPosted: 03.11.2011, 15:04 

Hi,
cmake-gui is a gui frontend for cmake, and it depends on the cmake. I just want to configure where the libs are outputed.
By the way, after invoked "sudo make install", the Horde3D header files and shared libs were copied into "usr/local/include" and "usr/local/lib", but without the glfw library. Is this the default behavior?
And, when followed the Horde3D-QT tutorial, I can't find "h3dSetupViewport" function.

PostPosted: 03.11.2011, 19:55 

panovr wrote:
Hi,
cmake-gui is a gui frontend for cmake, and it depends on the cmake. I just want to configure where the libs are outputed.
By the way, after invoked "sudo make install", the Horde3D header files and shared libs were copied into "usr/local/include" and "usr/local/lib", but without the glfw library. Is this the default behavior?
And, when followed the Horde3D-QT tutorial, I can't find "h3dSetupViewport" function.

as you probably already read, http://cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_Useful_Variables states:
    CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE - Debug/Release etc. kind of build which affects compiler flags
    EXECUTABLE_OUTPUT_PATH - where executables go, defaultly /usr/local/bin. Because horde3d is mainly written for windows (i guess?), it has typical vendor-centric file layout so this files will in fact go to trunk/Horde3D/Binaries/ so there is no reason to change this variable. I don't really like it but that's a detail.
    LIBRARY_OUTPUT_PATH - where your library go, defaultly /usr/local/lib/ . This is most preferably place where your custom libs should go, and /usr/lib/* is for your distro managed packages (from apt).
You don't HAVE to change any of these variables, but you CAN if you want. Instead of changing LIBRARY_OUTPUT_PATH i would recommend you add '/usr/local/lib' to /etc/ld.so.conf.d/local.conf (or ubuntu alternative) , so libraries located there will be seen by shared library loader.

Quote:

Yes, that is a default behaviour. Horde3D in fact, doesn't have dependency on glfw, just the samples have. They are linked against static glfw library, which isn't installed on your system at all. You can find it on trunk/Horde3D/Samples/glfw/libglfw.a.

Quote:

according to changelog which is a part of trunk/Horde3D/Docs/manual.html, API functions 3dSetupViewport/h3dGetViewportParams have been removed. This means tutorial is a little bit outdated, and You can use per-camera h3dSetNodeParamI as described in this thread http://horde3d.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1503.

Ps. Of course, if you're not using svn version, you need to swap 'trunk' with your Horde3D sdk beta 5 path.

PostPosted: 07.11.2011, 13:41 

Hi,
thanks for the detailed information, now I will use the default configuration.
And using h3dSetNodeParamI instead of h3dGetViewportParams:
Code:
   h3dSetNodeParamI(camNode, H3DCamera.ViewportXI, 0)
   h3dSetNodeParamI(camNode, H3DCamera.ViewportYI, 0)
   h3dSetNodeParamI(camNode, H3DCamera.ViewportWidthI, width)
   h3dSetNodeParamI(camNode, H3DCamera.ViewportHeightI, height)