Horde3D

Next-Generation Graphics Engine
It is currently 19.04.2024, 05:30

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Additive animations
PostPosted: 08.06.2009, 23:37 

Hello altogether!
I'm just starting with Horde3D. In the last weeks, i managed to export a maya character with the collada exporter (it took weeks for me to get the right export settings...). Now i want to use the additive animations of Horde3D. But i don't know how to manage that.
Until now, i only had non-additive animations that i exported from maya. Can anybody give me some hints or resources how i can export additive animations, and what i should especially care about?
I want to animate a human character, the character should be walking and moving his hands in a different, additive animation.
Is this a maya-export-setting i have to look for? Or does it depend on creation of the animation itself maybe i should only move independent nodes?

I tried it with my animations i exported by myself, but when i switch "additive" in
Code:
setupModelAnimStage(int node, int stage, int res, string animMask, bool additive)
to true, my character just disappears.

Any hints?

And one additional question: Are there more tutorials and samples for Horde3D around the net, beside the built-in-samples and the Horde-Wiki? I'm really having fun with horde cause it's very easy to use, but i whish there were more resources/tutorials/samples around the net... is there anything i should now about (beside the samples and the horde-wiki)?

Thanks very much in advance!

Post subject: Re: Additive animations
PostPosted: 09.06.2009, 19:52 
Engine Developer

Additive animations don't need any special export options. The idea is that the engine calculates the difference between the current frame of an animation and the first frame and adds that difference to the animated object. For example, this works very well for adding a breathing animation to a character.

Additive animations do not work if they are on the first stage. You need a non-additive animation first, else the engine does not know to what data it is expected to add the animation.

Post subject: Re: Additive animations
PostPosted: 09.06.2009, 20:49 

Good to know that the first stage should be non-additive (hmm makes sense to me now that i know it).
Thank you very much, my animations works well now and can be added together!

Altough i see now that i have to alter them alot, cause some animations look really scary when they're added together :lol: