Horde3D

Next-Generation Graphics Engine
It is currently 27.04.2024, 13:10

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: 15.01.2010, 23:22 

So I've been compiling and exploring code within horde. Right know I am looking at the horde3d util library. So here is my question. I am on a deb version of linux as I look at the code I see there is a references to windows.h. Is there still a way to compile this on linux since I do not have windows? Something tells me that if I comment that out I will have lots of errors when I try to compile it.
Sorry if this has already been covered, I didn't see it when I searched.

PostPosted: 16.01.2010, 00:22 

Please try building it following the wiki instructions
http://www.horde3d.org/wiki/index.php5? ... ng_Horde3D

Post if you have any problems. No pre-emptive questions :lol:

PostPosted: 16.01.2010, 01:51 

Sorry about that I didn't really specify enough. I was going to try to use codeblocks and or monodevelop to compile these. That way my friends using these on windows could easily work with me. Then we won't have to worry about problems transporting projects between visual studio and others.

PostPosted: 17.01.2010, 00:12 

Elys wrote:
Sorry about that I didn't really specify enough. I was going to try to use codeblocks and or monodevelop to compile these. That way my friends using these on windows could easily work with me. Then we won't have to worry about problems transporting projects between visual studio and others.

Horde3D is setup to compile using CMake. CMake can not only output makefiles but it can also generate Code::Blocks project files and various other ones. Install CMake and look in the GUI it comes with for a better understanding of what other files it can generate for you, or from a shell in the man file I think it lists the choices:
Code:
~$ man cmake

A lot of those platform-specific headers are ifndef'd out and the preprocessor will work out which headers to use for compilation. No need to worry... :)

PostPosted: 18.01.2010, 09:52 

Thanks for the replies. I do appreciate them. I haven't used cmake before seems like it may be useful tool. Thanks for the heads up. If you can't tell yet I don't get a chance to sleep much so sorry if I'm incoherent at times. Which I am sure will lead to a lot more questions. thanks for your patience.