Horde3D

Next-Generation Graphics Engine
It is currently 27.04.2024, 11:14

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: 15.04.2010, 16:14 

Hi, im running the latest blender build from SVN with the collada exporter, when shunting over to horde sometimes im finding no mesh name is being (in the .scene.xml file) assigned after converting to geo:

Code:
<Mesh name=""

If the I export two objects from one blender scene then the second object has "_2" defined as a mesh name, which does then work aslong as I remove the other object definition from the scene xml file (because it has no name).

The blender DAE file appears fine. Any suggestions?

Let's bring 'em out! Any old iron! Any old iron!
A door opens and a homewife brings out a rather sophisticated-looking ground-to-air missile system, and dumps it on the cart.
Thank you.

Last edited by PuG on 16.04.2010, 08:01, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 15.04.2010, 19:14 
Tool Developer

Can you provide the DAE file?

PostPosted: 15.04.2010, 19:23 

yes, sorry I had attached one but hadn't noticed the file extension notice. Ive renamed it to .txt

Just a simple cube.

Code:
Parsing dae asset 'scene.dae'...
Compiling model data...
Warning: Node with name '' already exists. Node was renamed to '_2'.

Okay seems to be caused by the fact collada file is missing the mesh "name" tag in the <node id= definition (thanks to Siavash for spotting this). All you need todo is copy the id and rename to "name".

Attachments:
scene.txt [6.8 KiB]
Downloaded 761 times

A door opens and a homewife brings out a rather sophisticated-looking ground-to-air missile system, and dumps it on the cart.
Thank you.
PostPosted: 16.04.2010, 14:24 
Tool Developer

Quote:
Okay seems to be caused by the fact collada file is missing the mesh "name" tag in the <node id= definition (thanks to Siavash for spotting this). All you need todo is copy the id and rename to "name".

Can you provide the original file, that caused the error. If this is not a bug in the blender exporter and supported by the collada standard, we should fix it in the converter.

PostPosted: 16.04.2010, 14:40 

the above thread has the file attached?

Im not sure if its specifically a horde fault, just blender isn't outputting a name to go along with the mesh ID. So our own converter all we've down is modified it so to use the id tag for both (id/name) which works fine.

Blender 25 output:
<node id="mymesh">

and horde is looking for the name= tag.
<node id="mymesh" name="mymesh">

Thank you.

PostPosted: 16.04.2010, 15:21 
Tool Developer

The file above worked without any problems with the official SF trunk collada converter on my system.

Attachments:
scene.jpg
scene.jpg [ 216.77 KiB | Viewed 10798 times ]
PostPosted: 16.04.2010, 15:26 

interesting, see when I first tested initially it worked fine - it was only afterwards it started to complaining of failing to load resources. Well either way atleast theirs now a reference on the forums should anyone else have a similar problem.

Thank you.

PostPosted: 16.04.2010, 17:20 

PuG wrote:
Hi, im running the latest blender build from SVN with the collada exporter, when shunting over to horde sometimes im finding no mesh name is being (in the .scene.xml file) assigned after converting to geo:

Code:
<Mesh name=""

If the I export two objects from one blender scene then the second object has "_2" defined as a mesh name, which does then work aslong as I remove the other object definition from the scene xml file (because it has no name).

The blender DAE file appears fine. Any suggestions?

I have the same problem (Max 2009, opencollada). It seems that the converter doesn't know how to handle groups. Judging by the debug, on the convertmodel stage converter tries to get id and name from the node, that is a group of objects (nodes). That node doesn't have neither id, nor name. For example, in my scene I have a group named "plintus_grp", that has 3 objects - Plintus_1, Plintus_2, Plintus3. Only the last one gets the correct name. The first object gets "" as a name, and the second one gets "_2".

My suggestion is to check, if the name of the node is empty, before checkNodeName( oNode ); If empty, than take the name from oNode.daeInstance. Just my opinion, though))

PostPosted: 16.04.2010, 20:48 
Engine Developer

Irdis wrote:
I have the same problem (Max 2009, opencollada). It seems that the converter doesn't know how to handle groups. Judging by the debug, on the convertmodel stage converter tries to get id and name from the node, that is a group of objects (nodes). That node doesn't have neither id, nor name. For example, in my scene I have a group named "plintus_grp", that has 3 objects - Plintus_1, Plintus_2, Plintus3. Only the last one gets the correct name. The first object gets "" as a name, and the second one gets "_2".

Hmm, that should get fixed. Could you share a (minimal) dae test file that exhibits that behavior?