Horde3D

Next-Generation Graphics Engine
It is currently 27.04.2024, 09:37

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Install help
PostPosted: 07.11.2010, 23:15 

I'm using ubuntu, and I can't seem to build the project. The error I get is
Code:
[  5%] Building CXX object Horde3D/Source/Horde3DEngine/CMakeFiles/Horde3D.dir/egCamera.o
/home/main/Desktop/Horde3D/horde3d/trunk/Horde3D/Source/Horde3DEngine/egCamera.cpp: In static member function ‘static Horde3D::SceneNodeTpl* Horde3D::CameraNode::parsingFunc(std::map<std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >, std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >, std::less<std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > >, std::allocator<std::pair<const std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >, std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > > > >&)’:
/home/main/Desktop/Horde3D/horde3d/trunk/Horde3D/Source/Horde3DEngine/egCamera.cpp:88: error: ‘strcasecmp’ was not declared in this scope
/home/main/Desktop/Horde3D/horde3d/trunk/Horde3D/Source/Horde3DEngine/egCamera.cpp:96: error: ‘strcasecmp’ was not declared in this scope
make[2]: *** [Horde3D/Source/Horde3DEngine/CMakeFiles/Horde3D.dir/egCamera.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [Horde3D/Source/Horde3DEngine/CMakeFiles/Horde3D.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

Post subject: Re: Install help
PostPosted: 08.11.2010, 01:30 

Hi mike,

Try adding
Code:
#include <strings.h>

to egCamera.cpp where the other headers are at the top and see if it compiles.

Good luck!

PostPosted: 08.11.2010, 01:36 

Thanks that worked but I get more errors. Do I have to just figure out what headers each files are missing? Or am i missing something for ubuntu that i should have downloaded. Sorry I'm still somewhat new to Ubuntu.

PostPosted: 08.11.2010, 01:45 

Are you compiling the SVN or beta4? The main developers use windows and usually the SVN has updates for linux/mac compile errors, but there's been a lot of activity in the code as of recent so there might be small mistakes like missing headers and things, as gcc is a lot more picky with things like this (which is probably a good thing in the long run).

Horde's dependencies, it needs opengl headers I think which is a package you'll need to get from your package manager, if you're new to ubuntu I guess make sure you have your proprietary drivers installed if you're using an nvidia or ati video card as the open source drivers might not have enough to run horde3D, but that's more or less speculation because I don't know the state of the open drivers right now. Install build-essential as well but you probably already have that package installed. Also get xorg headers as the window interface horde uses (glfw) requires them to run the samples.

Again, good luck!

Edit: about the opengl & xorg headers, they're probably like mesa-gl-dev and xorg-dev (the -dev prefix usually refers to the package containing the headers) I forget what they're called exactly though.

PostPosted: 08.11.2010, 02:03 

Yeah I'm using SVN, I originally used beta4 but I was receiving errors. I'll switch back to beta4 and figure out what needs to be added.

Thanks for the help, it gave me a little more confidence with this.

*I was able to get the trunk version to work. Thanks again.