Horde3D

Next-Generation Graphics Engine
It is currently 18.04.2024, 19:08

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: 26.09.2011, 17:39 

Hey Guys, Im wondering of "Horde3D" is right for me. I will try to explain my needs and my skill sets and maybe you all can point me in the right direction. I am currently developing professional tools for Engineering purposes. I have written some pretty enhanced 3D calculations for geometry recognition in 3D Space from real world survey/photogrametry measurements. Currently im working on a tool for use with Mobile lidar. if your not familiar with the technology the quick explaination is the use of a laser scanner to produce 3D Point Clouds which contain a list of points containing X,Y,Z,R,G,B and a few other additional peaces of information which i can provide later if you care. Anyways, I have developed all of my tools inside of VS.NET 2010 (VB) and the last peace i would like to add in is the ability for the user to "see" their data on a 3D map screen. So, what i would need to be able to do is to create a map window, feed it a list of 'points' and an initial view perspective. (I am familiar with Rotation Matrix and normalizing from real world coordinates to perspective coordinates, vector math, etc. I am NOT familiar with C++ code at all.) I do know there are a few engines out there that have .NEt wrappers (Mogre) comes to mind but was curious where this product stands.

Thanks in advance,

Jerry

PostPosted: 27.09.2011, 08:28 

Horde has .Net bindings. You can use it from VB. You can find the bindings here.

PostPosted: 29.09.2011, 07:21 
Engine Developer

Hi, if you just want to visualize point clouds, you will hardly benefit from any of Horde's features. It is probably easier to just use OpenGL or DirectX directly for such kind of tasks.