Horde3D

Next-Generation Graphics Engine
It is currently 19.03.2024, 04:02

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: 14.03.2013, 21:37 

Hey all,

I am trying to program a virtual environment for an fMRI research study and am very familiar with the timing and keystroke aquisition implemented in Matlab/Psychtoolbox(PTB)... functions very crucial to our fMRI application. Some developers have created a wrapper for Horde3D in Psychtoolbox, see more information here: http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/psychtoolbox/message/14181

The files for extending Horde3D to Psychtoolbox are located here: https://github.com/kleinerm/Horde3DForPsychtoolbox

However, I am relatively unfamiliar with building/compiling code. I was able to build Horde3D for Xcode using cmake, but there is very little information out there for building it to use in Psychtoolbox, and the ReadMe files included with the PTB distribution are of no help. I am able to read some of the mex files in Matlab, but I keep getting errors that the library cannot be loaded, likely because the distribution I have uses paths that were custom for the original developers computer, but I cannot figure out how to correct the paths. I will paste the error below, in case this can be of use:

Code:
??? Invalid MEX-file '/Users/tonglab/Horde3DForPsychtoolbox/HordeOSX32/Horde3DCore.mexmaci':
dlopen(/Users/tonglab/Horde3DForPsychtoolbox/HordeOSX32/Horde3DCore.mexmaci, 1): Library not loaded:
/Users/kleinerm/projects/Horde3DForPsychtoolbox/Horde3D_SDK_1.0.0_Beta5/Horde3D/Source/Horde3DEngine/Horde3D.framework/Versions/A/Horde3D
  Referenced from: /Users/tonglab/Horde3DForPsychtoolbox/HordeOSX32/Horde3DCore.mexmaci
  Reason: image not found.

TL;DR: I need to build Horde3D for use in an editor besides the typical Xcode or VisualStudio IDEs. There is already an SDK developed for Matlab, but I am having trouble getting everything to function properly. Any help is much much appreciated!!!

I am running OS X 10.5.8.

Thanks! Sorry if my noobishness is evident.