Horde3D

Next-Generation Graphics Engine
It is currently 19.03.2024, 11:45

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: 16.06.2013, 05:36 

Good day,
this is my first post on this forum! I have been having some confusion with setting up Horde 3D. I have been trying to compile H3D in Visual C++ 2012 Express Edition, I get a bunch of .obj's and a Horde3D.dll, most of the .obj's link except for the ones that are a part of glfw. Does anyone have an explanation for this? Also, I have been wondering if I need to link OpenGL to my project in order for H3D to work, even though I linked utOpenGL.obj, I am still getting undefined references to OpenGL (although when I did link it, the number of undefined references shrunk): is this due to the failed linkage of glfw? The last thing I was confused on was the fact that there does not seem to be a Horde3D.h, where in the tutorial there is one. All I see are egSOMETHING.h's. I am very confused could someone help me out?

Thanks!
- TFB

PostPosted: 16.06.2013, 11:00 

Hi.
How glfw linking failed? It creates glfw.lib and is used when linking Horde3D_vc8.lib.

I link with these libraries:
Code:
#ifdef WIN32
   #pragma comment(lib, "/CPP/HORDE/horde3d/Horde3D/Bindings/C++/Horde3D_vc8.lib")
   #pragma comment(lib, "/CPP/HORDE/horde3d/Horde3D/Bindings/C++/Horde3DUtils_vc8.lib")
   #pragma comment(lib, "/CPP/HORDE/horde3d/Horde3D/Samples/glfw/glfw.lib")
   #pragma comment(lib, "opengl32.lib")
   //#pragma comment(linker, "/subsystem:windows /ENTRY:mainCRTStartup")
#endif

Horde3D.h is in Horde3D\Bindings\C++

PostPosted: 18.06.2013, 03:46 

mikel wrote:
Hi.
How glfw linking failed? It creates glfw.lib and is used when linking Horde3D_vc8.lib.

I link with these libraries:
Code:
#ifdef WIN32
   #pragma comment(lib, "/CPP/HORDE/horde3d/Horde3D/Bindings/C++/Horde3D_vc8.lib")
   #pragma comment(lib, "/CPP/HORDE/horde3d/Horde3D/Bindings/C++/Horde3DUtils_vc8.lib")
   #pragma comment(lib, "/CPP/HORDE/horde3d/Horde3D/Samples/glfw/glfw.lib")
   #pragma comment(lib, "opengl32.lib")
   //#pragma comment(linker, "/subsystem:windows /ENTRY:mainCRTStartup")
#endif

Horde3D.h is in Horde3D\Bindings\C++

Thank you for the reply. :D
Sorry for the delayed response! Thanks for telling me where those files were, linking glfw.lib may work better than glfw.obj :lol: Is there any particular version of opengl32.lib (and I am assuming .dll) or version of Open GL I have to use?

PostPosted: 18.06.2013, 07:04 

Horde3D requires an OpenGL 2.0 compatible graphics card with support for floating point buffers like a GeForce 6 series card or Radeon 9500.
Using opengl32.lib you always get ogl version which is installed (which should be at least 2.0).

PostPosted: 24.06.2013, 17:17 

mikel wrote:
Horde3D requires an OpenGL 2.0 compatible graphics card with support for floating point buffers like a GeForce 6 series card or Radeon 9500.
Using opengl32.lib you always get ogl version which is installed (which should be at least 2.0).

Thanks for the reply, sorry it took me so long to get back to you.
I linked everything but the files from glfw that I said I could not link earlier.
However it looks like I am missing something to do with some OpenGL wrappers, for example:

Horde3D::Frustum::buildBoxFrustum(class Horde3D::Matrix4f const &,float,float,float,float,float,float)

Do you (or anyone) happen to know what this may be from?