Horde3D

Next-Generation Graphics Engine
It is currently 19.03.2024, 08:30

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: 25.06.2013, 10:39 

Hey everyone,

I am new here and trying to set up the Horde3D engine to try it out! After a lot of confusion and frustration I was finally able to convert the Horde3D SVN Trunk project into a VS2010 project using CMake. I had to comment out a few lines in egModules.cpp to disable extensions. And after I did that it finally Build! Awesome! I wanted to fire up one of the examples to see if it would run, and it did not, I ran into another roadblock :(

I get this error at the end of building one of the example projects:

"Unable to start program C:\...\...\...\Horde3D\converted\Debug\ALL_BUILD"

My system could not find the "ALL_BUILD" file whilst the ALL_BUILD.vcxproj is present in the converted folder.

So far I could solve all the problems I had using google, however it seems that nobody experienced this before, anyone know how to solve this?

PostPosted: 25.06.2013, 14:48 

There is no need to fiddle with source code directly. You should remove the check from HORDE3D_BUILD_TERRAIN while configuring Horde3D in CMake and generate MSVC project files happily.

PostPosted: 25.06.2013, 15:23 

I did not see the option HORDE3D_BUILD_TERRAIN in CMake so I might have made a mistake converting the project. The way I did it is simply specify the trunk folder and a different output folder. Then I changed some values that displayed in RED and generated it. There was no HORDE3D_BUILD_TERRAIN checkbox or option to be found.

PostPosted: 06.07.2013, 12:56 

Siavash wrote:
There is no need to fiddle with source code directly. You should remove the check from HORDE3D_BUILD_TERRAIN while configuring Horde3D in CMake and generate MSVC project files happily.

Cool I figured out what the problems were. One of the problems was that initially I did not have the HORDE3D_BUILD_TERRAIN check-box in CMake so I could not even disable it. After checking out the svn folders and trying again it worked, and was able to convert it using Cmake.

The second issue I encountered had to do with the fact that I build the binaries in a different folder, and all the settings were linked to the original folder. I fixed this by building the binaries into the svn trunk folder itself.

After a lot of problem solving and trial and error it now builds and runs the examples as well :)