Horde3D

Next-Generation Graphics Engine
It is currently 19.03.2024, 03:18

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: 13.01.2017, 14:01 

Hi, I would like to know if there's a working version of Sound Extension for Beta 5. The one in the wiki (Beta 3) seems not to be working or compatible or am I missing some extra steps?

Thanks.

PostPosted: 16.01.2017, 21:44 

It seems that this extension was deleted even from the community svn branch. So, if the download link in the wiki is still alive you may try to adapt this extension to beta 5 :) .

PostPosted: 26.01.2017, 11:39 

Irdis wrote:
It seems that this extension was deleted even from the community svn branch. So, if the download link in the wiki is still alive you may try to adapt this extension to beta 5 :) .

Thanks Idris, is the Sound extension in the deleted community svn version already in Beta 5? I found the version with Beta 3 and got it to work but like most of the reports here, cannot do any Beta 3 asset importing so I might just go with Beta 5. :)

I'm not yet familiar with extensions in Horde3D, is there a guide to do a port from Beta 3 to Beta 5 extensions?

PostPosted: 26.01.2017, 12:32 

rasteron wrote:
Thanks Idris, is the Sound extension in the deleted community svn version already in Beta 5? I found the version with Beta 3 and got it to work but like most of the reports here, cannot do any Beta 3 asset importing so I might just go with Beta 5.

No, it seems that is was not updated since it was created for beta 3. Original extension developer focused on creating sound extension for Horde Gameengine instead.

Irdis wrote:
I'm not yet familiar with extensions in Horde3D, is there a guide to do a port from Beta 3 to Beta 5 extensions?

I don't think that any guides exist. Beta 3 had a c++ interface (a namespace Horde3D and functions in it, like Horde3D::addResource()). Beta 4 and 5 have a different procedural interface, like h3dAddResource, so top level interface of the extension needs to be redesigned. Also, some internal Horde modules have different function names/number of arguments. Basically, you'll have to remodel the interface parts of the extension, and some internal extension functions that use Horde's functions (whose name or number of parameters have changed since Beta 3).
You can use terrain extension as a guide.

PostPosted: 26.01.2017, 15:46 

Idris wrote:
Basically, you'll have to remodel the interface parts of the extension, and some internal extension functions that use Horde's functions (whose name or number of parameters have changed since Beta 3).
You can use terrain extension as a guide.

Thanks for the heads up Idris, I'll check that out. :)