Horde3D

Next-Generation Graphics Engine
It is currently 19.04.2024, 21:14

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject:
PostPosted: 13.05.2007, 17:16 

i managed to get the fps counter to work and the logo to show up, but only after definig the material resources in the app`s main loop. every time i tried to define them next to the others (positioned as the ones in the chicago demo) i got undeclared identifier errors. why is that?

i get real low fps, is this because of the deferred shading? isnt there a way to bypass this and use lightmapped geometry? the situation worsened when ive switched to full screen, i got 7 fps tops. :|

LE: image deleted, host doesn't work anymore

paul

Last edited by SpOOky on 11.11.2008, 00:49, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 13.05.2007, 18:00 
Engine Developer

You need to define your variable as global (outside the function or as class variable inside the app class) instead of local.

I have warned you in another thread ;), these 5200 cards are slow as hell. The complete GeForce 5 series is unfortunately crap if you want to use pixel shaders. :(
The engine is no more using deferred shading by default. If you have a look into the pipeline.xml you could enable it again, but that won't work on GF5 cards due to the lack of floating point textures.

Horde doesn't have a lightmap generatorr, but you could use a modelling app and do texture baking to get the same results.

BTW, I don't see parallax mapping on your screenshot, have you disabled it in the shader? Furthermore you seem to have disabled anisotropic filtering.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 13.05.2007, 18:17 

i have disabled them because i was getting below 3 fps. the plane is now using the standard shader. is this one the best with the use of resources? can it get lower than this? i mean when i will pump up the geometry it will be slow as heck:( and until ill get the new pc i`m stuck with this gpu :|

the lightmaps i intended to bake them into the textures as u said

edit: my room m8 is getting 350+ fps on his 6800. grrr :evil: