Horde3D

Next-Generation Graphics Engine
It is currently 19.03.2024, 15:03

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: 14.09.2010, 13:25 

Hi!

I have a problem in rendering the sample scenes of Horde3D on my notebook. I checked out the newest version and have the newest driver for my videocard. I have an ATI Radeon HD 3400. If I render the scene, i.e. the chicago sample, I see the following:

The skybox is rendered normal but all other objects are totally black. It looks like a shader problem but there are no errors in the log-file.

When I am using the Beta 4 release of the SDK ("Horde3D SDK [1.0.0] Beta 4") and start the demo.bat all seems to work fine. I do not know where the error is. The same error occurs at my friends notebook too who has an ATI Radeon X 1600.

Does anyone know what exactly the problem is? Or does anyone know what we can do?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Attachments:
Horde3D_Log.rar [1.47 KiB]
Downloaded 988 times
PostPosted: 14.09.2010, 21:10 
Engine Developer

Hi, you could help us a lot if you could isolate which svn revision shows the problem for the first time. This goes pretty quick if you do some sort of binary search through the checkins (start testing a revision in middle between Beta4 and latest, if problem exists, try a revision inbetween the middle and latest, and so on).

Post subject: Found Version
PostPosted: 19.09.2010, 20:01 

Hi!
Thanks for your reply.
It took some time but I have finally found out the version which causes the problem. First, I have to tell you that I do not use SF SVN but another one from university of Augsburg (http://mm-werkstatt.informatik.uni-augs ... e3D/trunk/) . The Revision 467 still works fine but when I update to Revision 468 (that was comitted on June, 28th) the figures turn into black. The message for that comit says:

- updated to SF rev. 250 ( TODO fix h3dGetRenderTargetData in editor )

Maybe it has something to do with that TODO in brackets?
Anyway, I hope that this information will help you. If you could solve the problem that would be great!

PostPosted: 20.09.2010, 20:01 
Engine Developer

Thanks for your efforts!

The mentioned checkin is an accumulation of several updates. As we don't have a way to test anything and can just guess what the problem might be, it would be very helpful if someone could still find out the exact SF svn version. I guess starting at rev 250, it should be quick to find.

PostPosted: 21.09.2010, 10:15 

Hi marciano!
We just checked out from the SF SVN and tried to figure out which version causes the trouble.
Revision 248 works fine but at revision 249 the figures are black. The message to this revision says:

- Removed more deprecated GL functionality and replaced quads used for particles and overlays by indexed triangle lists

I hope that this will help you! I appreciate your help!

PostPosted: 21.09.2010, 21:41 
Engine Developer

Thanks for finding the exact revision.

I suspect that this might be a well known driver bug. Could you please try the following code in egRendererBase.cpp, uploadTextureData (around line 442):

Code:
if( tex.genMips )
{
    target = tex.type == TextureTypes::TexCube ? GL_TEXTURE_CUBE_MAP : GL_TEXTURE_2D;
    glEnable( target );  // Workaround for ATI driver bug
    glGenerateMipmapEXT( target );
    glDisable( target );
}

Post subject: It works!
PostPosted: 23.09.2010, 12:09 

Hi marciano!
Thank you very much for your quick reply! I put in the code and everything works fine now and at my friends notebook too :D !
Thanks again for your help (also a thank you of my friend)!

PostPosted: 25.09.2010, 14:33 
Engine Developer

Great that this is fixed now, thanks for your help!