Horde3D

Next-Generation Graphics Engine
It is currently 19.03.2024, 12:50

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: 24.09.2010, 05:42 

Hi,

I've been modifying the collada converter to support a flag where it dumps vertex colours from a collada file into the tangent stream, so I roughly modelled my code off of how the converter gets normals from a collada file. Now I'm just speculating here but I assume horde will just automatically recreate the normals and tangent/bitangents if there are no normals in the collada file.

The problem is, there is normal data in the collada file and when I directly map this so that it goes to the .geo format directly and bypassing the calcTangentSpaceBasis function I never seem to have data saved to the normals section, and because I modelled the code off of normals to do colours in the tangent section it too doesn't work.

I'd put this in the help section but I think this could be a bug where stored normals are ignored in the collada file. If this is now normal behaviour of the converter then don't worry. I'll post up my edits and .dae file when I get back tomorrow but I thought I'd ask now if this is a bug or not.

Thanks!

PostPosted: 25.09.2010, 03:16 

Ok nevermind it is something to do with the opencollada maya exporter. When you tick "Vertex colors" and "Vertex colors per vertex" I think the latter overrides the other setting and then the polylist node won't get a vertex color assigned or have an offset which is what collada converter looks for. It's the same for "Vertex normals" and "Vertex normals per vertex" settings.

I guess this is something to look out for for anyone converting models over.

PostPosted: 25.09.2010, 07:39 
Tool Developer

Thanks for the information.