Horde3D

Next-Generation Graphics Engine
It is currently 27.04.2024, 09:55

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: 12.04.2010, 11:32 

I don't get any image in chicago sample and get a weird image in knight sample (with svn 432). No errors in the log. HDR and deferred pipelines don't work either. Debug view works.
Tested on: quad core, GeForce 250 (latest drivers), 4GB RAM, WinXP SP3
and
P4, ATI x1950 (9.3 drivers), 2GB RAM, WinXP SP3.

Was something radically changed in shaders or pipelines?

Attachments:
File comment: Knight sample image (forward pipeline)
1.jpg
1.jpg [ 79.57 KiB | Viewed 10124 times ]
PostPosted: 12.04.2010, 12:47 
Tool Developer

Irdis wrote:
I don't get any image in chicago sample and get a weird image in knight sample (with svn 432). No errors in the log. HDR and deferred pipelines don't work either. Debug view works.
Was something radically changed in shaders or pipelines?

Depends on what's your previous version that still worked. The main change in the last revisions was the rendering of overlays and the removement of GL_PROJECTION / GL_MODELVIEW.

PostPosted: 12.04.2010, 12:52 

For my project I still use February's build, because editor doesn't have colormultiplier attribute for lights.
But I constantly update engine via svn, so I always have the latest version, even if I don't use it. The latest samples, that I tested, that didn't have such bugs were around svn 410-415...

PostPosted: 12.04.2010, 13:09 

You can't use the old shaders with the svn HEAD engine. Make sure that when you are running "svn up" you are in the correct directory. It should be the root of your h3d checkout. Otherwise only your current directory and any subdirectories get updated, so samples (or the shaders) could be out of sync with the engine.

PostPosted: 12.04.2010, 14:31 

Codepoet wrote:
You can't use the old shaders with the svn HEAD engine. Make sure that when you are running "svn up" you are in the correct directory. It should be the root of your h3d checkout. Otherwise only your current directory and any subdirectories get updated, so samples (or the shaders) could be out of sync with the engine.

By default, the whole trunk folder is updated.
It seems that only shaders in gameengine samples got updated. I copied them to the content folder of the engine and samples do work, but there are still no overlays.

PostPosted: 12.04.2010, 16:52 
Tool Developer

Marciano tested the overlays with an ATI card, so it should work generally also with ATI, but an x1950 with catalyst 9.3 is rather old, maybe the overlays use something that isn't supported on your card. But you didn't have any errors in the log with the updated shaders, did you?

[edit] I just tested a fresh checkout from the community branch and the knight sample worked out of the box, so there shouldn't be any missing commits of shaders in the content directory.

PostPosted: 12.04.2010, 19:28 

I know that I should update drivers for my ati card, because I still get colour garbage all over the screen in HDR pipeline, as it was earlier (I wrote about it in other topic). With forward pipeline everything renders correctly, except the overlays (neither logo, nor frame stats are displayed)
Overlays aren't displayed on machine with geforce 250 either.

PostPosted: 13.04.2010, 11:42 

Ok, problem was with my svn client, it didn't update shaders for some reason...
And about overlays - frame stats in both samples are now much smaller than before. Why? It's harder to read than before.

PostPosted: 13.04.2010, 12:35 

Quote:
And about overlays - frame stats in both samples are now much smaller than before. Why? It's harder to read than before.

I think because font.tga was updated as well - now with better filtering and the glyphs are now correctly placed - for me a plus, because I replicated some h3dut code anyway, with custom font-size and other minor changes.