Horde3D

Next-Generation Graphics Engine
It is currently 20.10.2019, 22:31

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: 21.03.2009, 07:47 
Offline

Joined: 19.11.2007, 19:35
Posts: 218
Alright, this isn't a bug per se, more of an issue.

When using the Horde3D DLL in a DLL that a DLL uses that an application uses, Horde3D::init() chokes with every use of (char *)glGetString(); I haven't gone through thoroughly digging around, but everything works fine when I use the same DLL by a simple little application.

Error message is "0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x00000000." Figured I would ask in case anyone already had an instant answer off the top of their head.

Horde3D::getVersionString() performs perfectly fine and std::cout says the output is correct "Horde3d 1.0.0 Beta 2" IIRC.

It's likely my fault, roll-your-own-plugin-system. If it's relevant to anyone in understanding the issue, Horde3D.dll is being used by HordeRenderer.dll which is implementing an AbstractRenderSystem class. The HordeRenderer.dll is being loaded at runtime like a plugin.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Issue within a DLL?
PostPosted: 21.03.2009, 07:51 
Offline

Joined: 19.11.2007, 19:35
Posts: 218
Oh shoot. Moderators delete at will.

Doh! GL. Pure brain-deaded-ness. Problem was an issue of ordering. The renderer was being initialized (therefore calling Horde3D::init() ) before any sort of window / draw setup had been done. Cut and paste fixed it.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Issue within a DLL?
PostPosted: 21.03.2009, 09:42 
Offline
Tool Developer

Joined: 13.11.2007, 11:07
Posts: 1149
Location: Germany
:-) Well shit happens. I will not delete the thread, since it may help others to avoid the same error.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: 25.07.2011, 20:31 
Offline

Joined: 25.07.2011, 20:26
Posts: 1
Volker wrote:
:-) Well shit happens. I will not delete the thread, since it may help others to avoid the same error.


As it did it did with me :mrgreen:

I've been trying to get SDL and Horde3D playing nicely in the same VS2010 project, and i managed to get the code including and linking with SDL and Horde. But as soon as i added h3dinit() ... It just broke. Little did i know, you have to create a window with SDL before you can even initialize horde.

Anyway, cheers guys.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group