Horde3D

Next-Generation Graphics Engine
It is currently 28.03.2024, 11:20

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Sci-Fi MMORPG
PostPosted: 26.04.2008, 04:02 

Hello, I haven't really said much ever since registering, just kinda sat back and watched.

I'm project leader of a new, small development team. We're designing a sci-fi MMORPG that will hopefully become popular if we do things right and this graphics engine can support our work. Our game will be based in some other galaxy or dimension at a different time in history. I'd love to share some pictures with you all and share some of my team's work, but seeing as we wish to keep our ideas concealed from the public I can only offer a VIP membership in which you can view our content. (http://www.ww-gaming.net)

I must admit, our development team is lacking C++ coders with time to put together a game engine. But we have 3D modelers, a music composer/producer, an ASM coder, and a network coder who will setup our network. I was wondering however, how good is your engine compared to the SAGE engine (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SAGE_engine)?

Post subject: Re: Sci-Fi MMORPG
PostPosted: 26.04.2008, 12:16 

Horde3D is only a graphics engine / component, not a game engine like SAGE. Maybe you should look for something more full featured for an MMO like Multiverse3D. Many topics regarding MMO development can be found on gamedev.net but be prepared to get flamed. ;)

I'm just curious: For what do you need an ASM coder?

Good luck with your project, a MMO from scratch is a HUGE task...

PostPosted: 26.04.2008, 13:14 

I think Codepoet's advice is very good. I would just like to add that there is a solid game server in http://projectdarkstar.com/ but be prepared to face some hurdles, since like most of the SUN produces it's a research project made into a product, so it has flaws that the authors do not want to admit or say they will solve in in the "future" :|

My only advice is assemble a good team, otherwise it will be very hard to finish the project.

PostPosted: 18.05.2008, 17:56 

mmorpg with a small development team is a nono