Horde3D

Next-Generation Graphics Engine
It is currently 28.03.2024, 10:35

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: 05.12.2009, 22:58 

I am pleased to announce the existence of another binding to the Horde3D library: CL-HORDE3D.

cl-horde3d makes the Horde3D API available to Common Lisp programmers. Due to the use of CFFI it should be portable to all supported Common Lisp implementations. cl-horde3d is in an early state and by no means stable, but you can already run some examples.

cl-horde3d can be found on GitHub: http://github.com/anwyn/cl-horde3d

I ported the Knight and the Chicago examples. They currently run best with Clozure Common Lisp. Unfortunately there are still invalid memory accesses with other lisps, which I'm still tracking down.

Edit: spelling

Last edited by anwyn on 08.12.2009, 21:57, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 06.12.2009, 09:41 
Tool Developer

Thanks a lot for sharing your bindings. If you want I can create a Community Branch account for you, to allow you uploading them to the bindings directory.

PostPosted: 08.12.2009, 22:17 

I would sure like to add the bindings to the community SVN. This makes them immediately accessible to all horde3d SVN users. From what I've read in the forums there are at least one or two Lisp aficionados among them. But at the same time I want to keep my development under git.

I already have a community-svn-branch in my repository, which I can keep current with the Horde3D version in the SVN. It is currently in a pre-beta4 state. I can then sync this branch with the bindings directory in the SVN.

Sounds OK?