Horde3D

Next-Generation Graphics Engine
It is currently 19.03.2024, 11:38

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: 14.07.2011, 13:47 

Helloo I have a problem in loading a scene that i created in horde3d editor

I created a scene which has some objects materials and everything but in horde 3d editor beta 2 version
Then I tried to use this scene in Game Engine 2010 with the code that is provided in the svn repository
I load all the objects but when game engine checks for skinning.shader.xml it says that it is missing the FX section
Does any one has any idea what do i have to add to get FX and where ?

Following is the error which I get when it is loading all the things
Code:
[h3d] Loading resource 'skinning.shader.xml'
[h3d-err] Shader resource 'skinning.shader.xml': Missing FX section

Regards Imran Habib

PostPosted: 14.07.2011, 13:57 

Shaders from beta2 are unusable in current version, they're different format.

PostPosted: 14.07.2011, 16:43 

worstplayer wrote:
Shaders from beta2 are unusable in current version, they're different format.

so what is the soltution to it . It will take me long if i create everything again for beta 4 or 5

Any simple solution to it ??

PostPosted: 14.07.2011, 18:37 

Just change your materials to use model.shader and add shaderFlag _F01_Skinning. I think it works the same as skinning.shader.xml (unless you did some modifications of course).

PostPosted: 14.07.2011, 19:07 

worstplayer wrote:
Just change your materials to use model.shader and add shaderFlag _F01_Skinning. I think it works the same as skinning.shader.xml (unless you did some modifications of course).

Thanks !
okay Now i replaced my skinning.shader.xml with model.shader buit I don't know when you said add shaderFlag_F01_Skinning , where to add and do i have to write in that flag as well or

just shaderFlag_F01_Skinning , i don't know why i do see only a black screen still

anyways this is how it ends after loading model.shader how can these problems be fixed that arrived now ?

Code:

[h3d] Loading resource 'shaders/utilityLib/vertCommon.glsl'
[h3d] Loading resource 'shaders/utilityLib/vertSkinning.glsl'
[h3d] ---- C O M P I L I N G  . S H A D E R . model.shader@SHADOWMAP[0] ----
[h3d] Loading resource 'shaders/utilityLib/fragDeferredWrite.glsl'
[h3d] ---- C O M P I L I N G  . S H A D E R . model.shader@ATTRIBPASS[0] ----
[h3d] Loading resource 'shaders/utilityLib/fragLighting.glsl'
[h3d] ---- C O M P I L I N G  . S H A D E R . model.shader@LIGHTING[0] ----
[h3d] ---- C O M P I L I N G  . S H A D E R . model.shader@AMBIENT[0] ----
[h3d] Loading resource 'textures/common/defnorm.tga'
  [h3d-dbg] Invalid node handle in h3dSetNodeParamI
  [h3d-dbg] Invalid node handle in h3dGetNodeParamI
  [h3d-dbg] Invalid resource handle in h3dResizePipelineBuffers

PostPosted: 14.07.2011, 19:46 

You should add the line " <ShaderFlag name="_F01_Skinning" />" to the material of the model that should use hardware skinning (for example, human character model).
As for the errors, you pass some wrong parameters to the h3dSetNodeParamI (probably, the id of the model is null or some other parameter is incorrect). You should set a breakpoint in your IDE on the first h3dSetNodeParamI call to see what's wrong.
About h3dResizePipelineBuffers, as far as I remember, you should pass your pipeline resource as a parameter - maybe you passed a different resource?

PostPosted: 16.07.2011, 18:25 

Irdis wrote:
You should add the line " <ShaderFlag name="_F01_Skinning" />" to the material of the model that should use hardware skinning (for example, human character model).
As for the errors, you pass some wrong parameters to the h3dSetNodeParamI (probably, the id of the model is null or some other parameter is incorrect). You should set a breakpoint in your IDE on the first h3dSetNodeParamI call to see what's wrong.
About h3dResizePipelineBuffers, as far as I remember, you should pass your pipeline resource as a parameter - maybe you passed a different resource?

I have checked all the ids of my models that i have in horde 3d editor and all ids are unique and none of them is null

I compared my .scn file demo.scn file and there is nothing big difference as well

Steps that I followed
1. I created a scene in horde 3d editor beta 2 not with the one (beat 4 or (5)) which is available in SVN but the one which is an .exe available that I installed
2. I take all models materials textures and every related things to my SVN and added respective things in the respective folders.
3. Then I replaced demo.scn file with my file xyz.scn in the command line arguments in visual studio environment (in game engine)

after all that i got the above errors , i did what was suggested in the previous messages as well
I modified every material and added in every material that specific line.

Suggestions ?

Regards Imran Habib

PostPosted: 16.07.2011, 19:02 

Do you get the following errors in the editor's log or in the log that is generated by your application (I mean horde's log that is generated every time you execute your application)? If you get the errors in the editor then, I think, not much can be done, because editor is doing something wrong and you won't be able to solve the generated errors unless you modify the editor's code. If you get these errors in your application then only setting breakpoints in your IDE and watching the return values can help you solve the problem.

PostPosted: 20.07.2011, 13:03 

Irdis wrote:
Do you get the following errors in the editor's log or in the log that is generated by your application (I mean horde's log that is generated every time you execute your application)? If you get the errors in the editor then, I think, not much can be done, because editor is doing something wrong and you won't be able to solve the generated errors unless you modify the editor's code. If you get these errors in your application then only setting breakpoints in your IDE and watching the return values can help you solve the problem.

Well Now it works ! I had a problem with the cam id my horde3d scene editor wasn't giving me cam id and its position and attachment in the scene file so i
attached it in .scene.xml specified the position translation rotation etc and ultimately I got it integrated.

Regards Imran Habib

PostPosted: 25.08.2011, 23:00 

Irdis wrote:

hello Irdis I do remember you gave me solution here to add " <ShaderFlag name="_F01_Skinning" />" in material but at that time i had to skip that part
because i was integrating a sample at that time so i continued with the remaining and i mistakenly skipped this part anyways now i am agian with the same problem
i have integrated everything works kool but there is still one problem and that is my created environment is showing me dull white colored walls which is not actually
the same that i create in horde3d editor the reason i found is only 1 and when i created my environment I used a shader named skinning.shader.xml in horde3d scene editor and it was working, but when i integrated it with SVN it didnt work so i tried using model.shader and then it worked but it showed me dull white colored walls

i think this is the difference that's not giving me the real textures are faded, do you have any idea using skinning.shader.xml because using my skinning.shader.xml
i get a problem and it says missing FX section i added the above mentioned in material after the line where it calls skinning.shader.xml but still problem persist

you can see this post of mine where i showed with a picture difference between my created environment in horde scene editor and integrated version

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1567

I shall be thankful to you for this favor
Regards Imran Habib