Horde3D

Next-Generation Graphics Engine
It is currently 28.03.2024, 10:19

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: 30.10.2008, 11:47 
Tool Developer

As some of you might realized, I added several things to the Community SVN Branch in the last days.

Now I created a release candidate for the official Horde3D Editor windows release. It can be downloaded from
http://mm-werkstatt.informatik.uni-augsburg.de/downloads/Horde3D_Installer_RC1.msi.

Please report bugs and problems in this forum thread.

For those of you, who have already write access at the community branch, I would be happy if you might fix bugs directly in the repository. And if someone has linux or mac os running, it would be great if you could fix the qmake files for building the editor under your operating system. Perhaps we can create some additional release package scripts in the Tools\Horde3DEditor\src\Installer directory, that creates an official Linux or Mac package.

Next to the editor itself I added parts of the component based GameEngine I created at the university. It was developed under windows and some of the components like the SAPI Component use external libraries that might be only available under windows. Apart from time problems that's also a reason why I won't create a public release for it. But those who are developing under windows too and have OpenAL and the Speech API installed, might be interested in the Horde3DEditor_with_GameEngine solution in the Community SVN. It is not ment to be a perfect solution. It's more a prove of concept.

PostPosted: 30.10.2008, 16:09 

Very cool and exciting news. Thanks Volker for all the effort and time you spent on this release of the editor and the GameEngine components. :)