Horde3D

Next-Generation Graphics Engine
It is currently 18.04.2024, 19:50

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: 28.01.2009, 07:33 

I see example use some times two.

_forwardPipeRes = Horde3D::addResource( ResourceTypes::Pipeline, "forward.pipeline.xml", 0 );
_deferredPipeRes = Horde3D::addResource( ResourceTypes::Pipeline, "deferred.pipeline.xml", 0 );

Can this be done in the editor? Or am I missing the bigger picture?

PostPosted: 28.01.2009, 07:45 
Tool Developer

You can specify a pipeline for each camera. You can also add several cameras with different pipelines. What you can't do is adding only th pipeline without a camera using it. But if you want to change the pipeline programmatically you have to code something anyway.

PostPosted: 28.01.2009, 21:22 

Cool, well what I'm wounding is.. I have a shader I'm working on , I dont know the pipe line that was used but know its one of the defaults. Most examples use the forward and deferred but they only have one cam?? I just want to use what is normal and see if that works. For example: If the Chicago SCN files was available what pipe line settings would I see? Or in other words how would I replicate:

_forwardPipeRes = Horde3D::addResource( ResourceTypes::Pipeline, "forward.pipeline.xml", 0 );
_deferredPipeRes = Horde3D::addResource( ResourceTypes::Pipeline, "deferred.pipeline.xml", 0 );

In the editor? Add two cams, but use the forward as primary?

Last edited by ulao on 29.01.2009, 03:40, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 28.01.2009, 22:00 
Tool Developer

As already mentioned for the editor:
Quote:
What you can't do is adding only th pipeline without a camera using it.

But if you add a camera, and select it in the scene editor, you have the pipeline settings for it in the Node Property widget.
There you can specify the pipeline for this camera. The active camera can be selected within the toolbar.

You have to differentiate between resources and scene graph nodes. If you add a pipeline to the resources, it is available to be used by a scene graph node (actually only Camera scene graph nodes can use a pipeline resource ), but if no scene graph node is using it you don't have to load it if your code won't use it dynamically. This is the case in the samples. The pipelines are added to the resource manager of Horde3D, but only one pipeline is actively used by the single camera. You can switch the pipeline in the samples by pressing F3.

Since the editor is used to create scene graph files, where only scene graph nodes will be configured, you can't add a resource without having a scene graph node using this resource.
So as usual I may misunderstood your question, but perhaps my comment will help you finding out the rest of the answer you're searching for by yourself. :wink:

PostPosted: 29.01.2009, 03:41 

Cool, thx.

Question 2. I have a shader that references ATTRIBPASS, SHADOWMAP, LIGHTING, and AMBIENT. And a pipe line ( forward) wit AMBIENT, TRANSLUCENT, and OVERLAY..

Now when I put my shader code in the LIGHTING Context, I see the changes?? I though the Context had to be in the pipeline in order to by usable?

PostPosted: 29.01.2009, 04:22 

ulao wrote:
Question 2. I have a shader that references ATTRIBPASS, SHADOWMAP, LIGHTING, and AMBIENT. And a pipe line ( forward) wit AMBIENT, TRANSLUCENT, and OVERLAY..
Now when I put my shader code in the LIGHTING Context, I see the changes?? I though the Context had to be in the pipeline in order to by usable?
The lighting pass is invoked by the DoForwardRenderLoop command in the pipeline.

PostPosted: 29.01.2009, 04:30 

Ah, so its implicit?