Horde3D

Next-Generation Graphics Engine
It is currently 19.03.2024, 08:11

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Re: Forking Horde3D
PostPosted: 11.05.2013, 09:04 

I would be interested in contributing.

Horde3D and Lua Bindings (Terrain, Bullet Physics, FMOD and Networking)

Code:
-- Create Window Object
win = Window()
win:init()
win:openWindow(800, 600, 8, 8, 8, 8, 24, 0, 0) -- Open Window, Set Max Colors, Alpha, Depth, Stencel
win:setWindowTitle("Hydra Example v0.0.1a") -- Set Window Title
win:clearColor(0.50, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0) -- Set Window RGBA background color

-- Create GraphicsEngine Object
graphics = GraphicsEngine()
graphics:init()

graphics:setOption(7, 1)
graphics:setOption(5, 0)
graphics:setOption(8, 0)
graphics:setOption(4, 4)
graphics:setOption(9, 2048)

forwardPipeRes = graphics:addResource(9, "pipelines/forward.pipeline.xml", 0)
knightres = graphics:addResource(1, "models/knight/knight.scene.xml", 0)
logoMatRes = graphics:addResource(4,  "overlays/logo.material.xml", 0)
lightMatRes = graphics:addResource(4,  "materials/light.material.xml", 0)
envRes = graphics:addResource(1,  "models/platform/platform.scene.xml", 0)
skyBoxRes = graphics:addResource(1,  "models/skybox/skybox.scene.xml", 0)

graphics:loadResourcesFromDisk("../content")

cam = graphics:addCameraNode(1, "Camera", forwardPipeRes)
graphics:setNodeTransform( cam, 10, 50, 200, 0, 0, 0, 1, 1, 1 )

env = graphics:addNodes(1, envRes)
graphics:setNodeTransform(env, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 5, 5, 5)

sky = graphics:addNodes(1, skyBoxRes)
graphics:setNodeTransform(sky, 0, 0, 0, 2, 2, 2, 500, 500, 500)
graphics:setNodeFlags( sky, 2, true )

knight = graphics:addNodes(1, knightres )
graphics:setNodeTransform( knight,  0, 0, 40, 0, 0, 0, 1, 1, 1 )

light = graphics:addLightNode(1, "Light1", lightMatRes, "LIGHTING", "SHADOWMAP" )
graphics:setNodeTransform( light, 0, 100, 50, -30, 0, 0, 10, 10, 10 )
graphics:setNodeParamF( light, 501, 0, 200 )
graphics:setNodeParamF( light, 502, 0, 90 )
graphics:setNodeParamI( light, 505, 3 )
graphics:setNodeParamF( light, 506, 0, 0.9 )
graphics:setNodeParamF( light, 507, 0, 0.001 )
graphics:setNodeParamF( light, 503, 0, 0.9 )
graphics:setNodeParamF( light, 503, 1, 0.7 )
graphics:setNodeParamF( light, 503, 2, 0.75 )

graphics:setNodeParamI( cam, 609, 0 );
graphics:setNodeParamI( cam, 610, 0 );
graphics:setNodeParamI( cam, 611, 800 );
graphics:setNodeParamI( cam, 612, 600 );
graphics:setupCameraView(cam, 45.0, 800 / 600, 0.5, 2048.0);
graphics:resizePipelineBuffers( forwardPipeRes, 800, 600 );

-- Create 3D Sound Object
sound = Sound()
sound:init() -- Initalize it
sound:createSound("../content/sounds/Scoldt-From_My_Guts.mp3") -- Load Music File
sound:setMode(0) -- Set Mode
sound:play() -- Play Music
sound:upDateSystem() -- Update Sound System

-- Create Network Client Object
networkClient = NetworkClient()
networkClient:init("testgame","1") -- Initalize it
networkClient:setAddress("81.168.26.50") -- Set Network Address

-- Start Game Loop
i = 0
while i == 0 do
   win:clear(0) -- Clear Window

i = win:getKey(257) or win:getWindowParam(0) -- Get ESC and Window Close Button Click

-- Rendering code goes here --
   graphics:render( cam )
   graphics:finalizeFrame()
   graphics:clearOverlays()

win:swapBuffers() -- Swap Graphic Buffers
end

I am up for anything Qt/Horde3D related also.

This is what I am working on now.
Its a (Photoshop, Illustrator, AfterEffects CS6, MilkShape 3D) hybrid clone. All the functionality is there
I have to just put it together and get everything playing nicely together. Then I will be adding Horde3D in. You wont have to
use any other application for game creation, its all there Modeling, Texture Painting, Bone Animation, 3D Audio, Networking,
Scripting, ....

In the screenshot I used the minSatSlider:setValue(50) function to
set the Min Sat slider in the color panel.

PostPosted: 12.05.2013, 15:34 

zester wrote:
I would be interested in contributing.
Horde3D and Lua Bindings (Terrain, Bullet Physics, FMOD and Networking)
I am up for anything Qt/Horde3D related also.

Bullet,FMOD and Networking seems to be part of a GameEngine. Currently horde3d-x is only a render engine
But creating a whole gameengine with api similar to the h3d api seems like a great project, it can be usable from almost every language easily with simple wrapping.
Maybe you would like to check out http://mm-werkstatt.informatik.uni-augs ... e/doku.php that seems to be something similar, but honestly I haven't
checked this thoroughly.

If you have a specific project on the Core of Horde3D please feel free to fork it and implement in a separate branch. Then we can discuss it with the community, and if Volker and Marciano agrees it could be merged into the main trunk.

zester wrote:
This is what I am working on now.
Its a (Photoshop, Illustrator, AfterEffects CS6, MilkShape 3D) hybrid clone. All the functionality is there
I have to just put it together and get everything playing nicely together. Then I will be adding Horde3D in. You wont have to
use any other application for game creation, its all there Modeling, Texture Painting, Bone Animation, 3D Audio, Networking,
Scripting, ....

This editor looks great. Quite ambitous project. Keep up the good work!

PostPosted: 12.05.2013, 18:11 

attila wrote:
Bullet,FMOD and Networking seems to be part of a GameEngine. Currently horde3d-x is only a render engine
But creating a whole gameengine with api similar to the h3d api seems like a great project, it can be usable from almost every language easily with simple wrapping.
Maybe you would like to check out http://mm-werkstatt.informatik.uni-augs ... e/doku.php that seems to be something similar, but honestly I haven't
checked this thoroughly.

I was just pointing out some previous work in regards and how easy it is to put together a game engine, I agree thou Horde3D is a rendering engine and should stay
that way.

You can do they above using Luajit's FFI and not only is development time reduced to half but you get native c like performance.

attila wrote:
If you have a specific project on the Core of Horde3D please feel free to fork it and implement in a separate branch. Then we can discuss it with the community, and if Volker and Marciano agrees it could be merged into the main trunk.

This editor looks great. Quite ambitous project. Keep up the good work!

Thanks, I broke it down into specific tasks and modules, so development hasn't been to bad. Qt is really awesome and supported 90% of the required features needed. It really depends on the support library's and knowledge in regards to what type of application your trying to build.

Older tech in my experience is harder to work with Example(Poly Sculpting vs Voxel Sculpting) in my opinion using PCL(Point Cloud Library) Voxel sculpting is easy to do, then you can combine that with OpenMesh for Retop,

If you need a Bone Animation System the best place to start in my opinion is with Animadead. Combine that with OpenCV for tracking and a
something like Kinect and you don't have to mess with a traditional Animation work flow. A Mocap system would be better but they start at $10,000.

Now working with UV's is hard for me, the easiest method to deal with this for texturing is to use PTex, but this is normally used for VFX and not typically for Texturing Games.

If you need a realistic particle system once again PCL is the tool for this combined with Bullet and OpenVDB.

OpenMesh is really nice for modeling, its basicly Blender's Editing Capabilities wrapped into a SDK. OpenMesh even comes with 3 times the number of Subdiv algos, And thats not counting Pixars OpenSubdiv.

Bullet is best to use for Physics.

Most of they above is VFX(Film) related and doesn't apply to Horde3D I was just pointing out how building they application above in the screenshot, is only complicated in particular areas anything modern is easy.

Then you have Data Storage and Transport Systems like Collada, Alembic, FBX, ....

I was able to pickup most of this stuff just by analyzing other applications like Blender, 3DCoat, Maya, Houdini, NukeX, RealFlow, Mudbox, MotionBuilder, Mari, Gimp, Photoshop, Inkscape, AfterEffects, ....... And doing my research.

Lastly this project wasn't really about the editor, the purpose was to develop all the functionality to build something like this rapidly but in SDK form for Qt. Hopefully once I have the sdk built to my capabilities someone else might come along and be like "cool" and add in something it needs.

\Horde3D is used in a few areas not necessarily even related to games. But the game aspect is a top priority. I've been using Horde3D as a Basic Rendering Engine and for the Compositor.

PostPosted: 17.09.2013, 02:26 

Siavash wrote:

attila wrote:
I haven't used git, but based on what I read about it I prefer mercurial. What do you think about hosting it on http://www.bitbucket.org? It is free for public repos AFAIK and it supports git and hg repos.

There is a limit of up to 5 collaborators per repository on bitbucket.org, to have more collaborators you should use their paid plans (the 5 limit for private repos is for FREE). But you don't have such limit on github.com, and also you can create wiki pages for experimental features there. Working with git is a a little hard at beginning but you will get addicted to it.

I should correct... if you have public repos, there is no limit on contributors.

That 5 limit you say is about private repos https://bitbucket.org/plans that is no public forks or visible to any people (like any open source project).... that is, for a tiny company it is best to start with bitbucket for git or mercurial... also they have a "unlimited (private) hosting" where github don't manage one like that ;) (or unlimited free private repos up to 5 private colabs)... I just tested it created a open project there and added a lot of random guys with write access, it didn't say something about a limit ;).

But I think it looks a lot more clean/simple github :P.

Also I haven't tested because I use the free plan... but the collaborators are shared across your private repos, you can't have 5 free in one private repo, then other 3 diffferent collaboratos in other private repo, that would make 8 private collaborators (this one I don't know for sure).