Horde3D

Next-Generation Graphics Engine
It is currently 19.03.2024, 08:42

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: 09.02.2014, 14:49 

Hi all,

I think it's time to prepare the first official and stable release of Horde3D, based on current codebase.

According to the community roadmap and the issue tracker, I think we should focus on the following aspects:

* Resolve issue with GLFW and CMake (#13, #22, #27, #28, #30)
    * Resolve issue with resource loading endianness (#25).
    * Integrate a regression test suite for static code (I mean for code items, not visual ones).

After that, I think we can shoot the first stable release (also with binary packages).

What do you think?
Emanuele

PostPosted: 10.02.2014, 14:48 

Zuck wrote:
* Resolve issue with GLFW and CMake (#13, #22, #27, #28, #30)

Hi Zuck,

Updating GLFW to version 3 seems like a good idea; I did update the samples to use GLFW because of issues with GLFW on MacOSX 10.9 Mavericks.
I discovered the pages of the issue tracker with your post. However looking through it, it's not clear where code for the GLFW3 update is. I saw the patches in item #13 of the issue tracker, but not git repository associated with it (no Horde3D repository on the tyoc213 account). Is in on a private repository or has it been deleted?
My changes for GLFW3 in the samples are not done properly, I haven't pushed them.
I'm interested to test the "official" GLFW 3 patch. Please let me know if the are located in some git repository, or if I have to work with the raw patch.

PostPosted: 10.02.2014, 16:37 

Check it out here:

https://github.com/zuck/Horde3D/tree/gl ... al-project

I'm working to solve the issue as soon as possible, handling all the related aspects pointed in the quoted issues.

At the moment I solved the issue on Linux, but I need help on Windows and, most of all, on Mac.

PostPosted: 11.02.2014, 15:17 

Zuck wrote:
At the moment I solved the issue on Linux, but I need help on Windows and, most of all, on Mac.

It runs on MacOSX 10.9 (Mavericks), Xcode 5 with following patch: https://github.com/zuck/Horde3D/pull/1

This also fixes the fullscreen mode, which was previously broken with GLFW2.

I used an external glfw3 library. The fallback mechanism to use the builtin glfw did not work. I see the "External GLFW project done" message.

Update: I did not understand the "ExternalProject_Add" mechanism. I see now that glfw has been build, however the sample applications are not included in the makefile or Xcode project.