- Building Horde3D - Instructions for obtaining the code and building Horde on all supported platforms
- Tutorial - Hello World - In this section we will create a simple application that loads a character and animates it using a walk cycle.
- Tutorial - Picking - In this section we will demonstrate picking the node under the mouse cursor
- Tutorial - Simple HUD - How to use showOverlay to create a simple HUD.
- Tutorial - Setup Horde with SDL - How to Setup Horde with SDL.
- Tutorial - Setup Horde with Qt4 - How to Setup Horde with Qt4.
- Tutorial - Setup Horde with Qt5 & QtQuick 2.1 - How to Setup Horde with Qt5 & QtQuick 2.1.
- Tutorial - Setup Horde with Gtkmm - How to Setup Horde with Gtkmm
- Tutorial - Setup Horde with SFML - How to Setup Horde with SFML
- Tutorial - Stereo rendering - Basic outline for quad-buffered stereo rendering
- Basic Pipeline Tutorial - Create your first custom pipeline.
- Procedurally generated geometry tutorial - How to create Horde3D compatible procedural geometry (Horde3D 1.0.0 Beta 3 only!).
- A syntax highlighting schemes for editors like Notepad++ and Kate that work with Horde3D shader files can be found here and here (old).
Debugging and Profiling
- Using GPU PerfStudio - Quick steps to get started with GPU PerfStudio
Render System Basics
- The Flexible Rendering Pipeline - Introduction to Horde's data-driven rendering pipelines
- Gamma Correction - Overview of gamma correction and how to apply it with Horde
- Shading Technique - Dot Product Detail Texturing - Using the dot product of vectors and signed textures for high frequency detail
- Shading Technique - Palette Coloring - Quick and dirty palette recoloration of objects
- Shading Technique - Gloss Mapping - Mask which areas of an object have specular highlights
- Shading Technique - Glow Mapping - Allow areas on an object to emit a strong glowing highlight
- Shading Technique - Fresnel - Using reflection and refraction
- Shading Technique - Linear Depth Buffer - Create a custom linear depth buffer using vertex
- Shading Technique - Terrain Shading - Height and slope based shading with triplanar texturing
- Preprocessing Technique - Distance Field Vector Textures - Using Adobe Photoshop to generate textures suitable for efficient vector art rendering
- DCC Tool Support - List of supported Digital Content Creation Tools
- Troubleshooting - "Help, my model is not showing up!"
- Tips and Techniques - Asset creation suggestions & ideas for Horde3d, exporting and program quirks..
- Extending ColladaConv - Add support for exporting cameras