People who are pushing the development of Horde3D
Nicolas 'marciano' Schulz - Founder (Contact)
Nicolas is the founder and lead developer of this project. He has been an enthusiastic engine programmer for many years and
has worked on several projects. He likes the elegance of simple code and is crazy about cool graphics.
He studied for his master degree at the University of Augsburg and is now working as a graphics engineer in the games industry.
Volker Vogelhuber - Maintainer (Contact)
Volker is the developer of the official Horde3D Scene Editor. During his studies he has done computer vision for several years.
He was working as a research assistant at the University of Augsburg where he was especially interested in game engine concepts.
Consequently he was also heavily involved in the discussion of Horde3D integration issues. Currently he is working on OpenGL based
graphical user interfaces in the telecommunication industry.
People who have helped and deserve thanks
- Tristam 'swiftcoder' MacDonald - Mac OS X port
- Daniel 'DDd' Mendes - Wiki setup and maintainance
- Jasmine 'reiko' Langridge - multisampling patch for render targets
- Simon Kufner - initial animation blending code
- Michael Nischt - advice on skinning improvements, general constructive discussion
- Marc Schuba - initial Linux port
- Martin Burkhard - testing and .NET port
- Kai Linde - web design
The major part of the graphics engine was originally written for the indie group pyropix and development is now continued at the University of Augsburg, funded by the Chair for Multimedia Concepts and Applications (Prof. Dr. Elisabeth André, Dr. Klaus Dorfmüller-Ulhaas).